If you have a problem in your unit please contact our Maintenance Department at 518-447-0047 to request repair.
During Business Hours
Submit your repair request to our Maintenance Department at 518-447-0047. Provide your name, address, along with a detailed description of the problem. You may also request a tracking number at this time to follow up on the status of the repair. All follow up requests of the work to be done should go through your Manager’s office at the location of where you live.
After Business Hours
For routine maintenance requests, please call during business hours. Please do not call on emergency line for routine maintenance. If you need emergency repairs after business hours, call our Maintenance Department at 518-447-0047 and you will be automatically transferred to our emergency answering service. When submitting an emergency repair request you must provide your name, address, and a telephone number of where you can be reached along with a detailed description of the emergency.
Please refrain from calling our Emergency Line for Routine Maintenance. Our Maintenance Department will only respond to Routine Maintenance during our normal business hours.
Examples of Emergencies are as follows:
- Danger or potential danger to life or limb caused by a maintenance problem .
- Explosions / Fires (Fire Department must also be notified)
- Gas Leaks
- Elevators out of order
- Main sewer lines backed up
- Toilet stoppages when your unit only has one bathroom
- No Heat
Examples of Routine Maintenance are as follows:
- Household sink, basin or bathtub stoppages
- Toilet Stoppages (If there is more than one bathroom in the unit)
- Drain pipe leaking (Do not run water through pipe)
- Refrigerators that are out of order
- Resetting of circuit breakers
- Retrieval of wallets, keys, money, etc. from elevator or compactor shafts
- Stoves not working
- Electricity Gas previously shutdown by National Grid
Albany Housing Authority Maintenance Charges
In replacement of Albany Housing Authority’s current Standard Charge Manual, the following language will replace the charge manual.
Residents are not charged for normal wear and tear maintenance needs in their unit. However, if damage is caused due to tenant abuse or negligence, the resident will be charged for the cost of repairs. If a resident is charged for damage to AHA property, the following charges apply:
Repairs performed by a contractor will be reimbursed to the AHA for full charges passed on from the contractor.
If the AHA performs the repairs during normal working hours, labor charges are as follows:
- $20.00 per hour for each maintenance personnel
- $15.00 per three quarter hour for each maintenance personnel
- $10.00 per half hour for each maintenance personnel
- $5.00 per quarter hour for each maintenance personnel
- After hours call back $30.00 per hour for each maintenance personnel
- Materials charges will be billed at cost, plus labor
In the event of issues pertaining to the locks, keys, and means of entry to resident apartments:
- $50.00 Charge for each Lock/Core replacement requested by a tenant (includes keys)
- $5.00 Charge for each Building ‘Swipe’ card replacement requested by a tenant
- $8.00 Charge for each Replacement Apartment Key requested by a tenant
- In the event of a lock-out request from a tenant after normal business hours, 8:00AM-4:30PM Monday thru Friday (Excluding weekends), requesting tenant will reimburse AHA for full charges passed on from the contractor.